Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC Boiler

My customer has a DC 33 124 combi boiler and he is getting a lot of condensation inside cover. Three boards and two inducer motors have been replaced. The boiler is about 1 year old. Has anyone seen this issue.
Thanks Billy

Comments

• Bill_72Degrees
    Bill_72Degrees Member Posts: 4
    The DC 33 124 is a IBC Boiler
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    edited November 2017
    is the intake pipe too close to the exhaust?.... I've seen a condensing boiler with nuisance condensation problems .... boiler was sucking in its own flue gases....could be a bunch of other reasons too....just a thought
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
    kcoppbob eck
  • Bill_72Degrees
    No The boiler was vented per IBC specs . We also tried to take air from the basement.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    I've had this happen bit not with that same boiler. This was a chimney chase with I take and exhaust about 30' each up and existing interior chimney. The cold outdoor air made the boiler cover condense (sweat) in the damp basement.

What happened when you used basement air for combustion? No leaks in exhaust connections in the boiler?
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Bill_72Degrees
    I will check that Thank You
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    Had this happen. venting was poor. Is this a concentric vent?
  • kcopp
    What was/ is the resolution to this?
  • HVACguyinME
    HVACguyinME Member Posts: 25
    I’m assuming this unit is run on propane? And if so, the moisture is most likely caused from the white flapper being removed from the blower. Contact your local IBC rep or supply house that carries IBC and have them get you a black flapper to re-install to prevent the negative pressure of the house from pulling the moisture through the boiler into the cabinet.
    kcopp
  • kcopp
    Good call. There was a time they had to remove that flapper and not replace it. Just needed the approval for the black version.
    Where in Maine are you @HVACguyinME ?
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    and make sure the flapper moves when it's put in... they like to stick and cause issues..
  • HVACguyinME
    HVACguyinME Member Posts: 25
    @kcopp, you know me! We have met at IBC trainings.
    kcopp