Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EXpansion tanks

Options
can anyone tell me the difference between a boiler tank and a radiant tank- as far as I can see there is no difference ?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    The terms you're using aren't industry terms. Need more information or pictures of what your looking at/talking about.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Charles99669
    Charles99669 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    mark iam trying to find out what the difference between a amtrol 15 and what the reps call a radiant expansion tank
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Here is the tank
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Charles99669
    Charles99669 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    tanks hot rod !!!
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    The only difference between the two is that one of them can be used with non oxygen barrier tubing, and the other can't. Their potable water expansion tank is the same as the radiant exp. tank, but will need the diaphragm pressure lowered to the same operating pressure as the appliance it is serving. I believe it comes precharged at 40 PSI, versus a heating tank precharged at around 12 PSI.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options

The only difference between the two is that one of them can be used with non oxygen barrier tubing, and the other can't. Their potable water expansion tank is the same as the radiant exp. tank, but will need the diaphragm pressure lowered to the same operating pressure as the appliance it is serving. I believe it comes precharged at 40 PSI, versus a heating tank precharged at around 12 PSI.

And the connection size on DHW tanks is 3/4

ME

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Mark Eatherton