Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best mini-split brand for mounting in attic, for ceiling cassette delivery?

Please recommend your favorite mini split brand for my intended application. I want to add AC to the upstairs of my house (prior owner installed ducted central air throughout downstairs, but nothing upstairs, and I don't want to add ducts and a traditional system to the upstairs in this 100-year-old house). I would like to get a mini split system that delivers its air through flush-mounted ceiling cassettes, with the indoor equipment mounted in my huge unfinished attic, and the compressor mounted on the ground, outside the house. Among the major mini split brands, does one manufacturer stand out as the best for its engineering of flush-mounted ceiling cassettes? I want to request some bids, and if there is a stand-out brand, I will look for contractors with familiarity and experience with that brand and with that mounting technique. Please share your thoughts. I'm reasonably knowledgeable about steam, thanks to the Strictly Steam forum, but I know nothing about AC and mini-splits. Thanks in advance for advice from the pros on this AC forum.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    It is the "Minisplit Warehouse" again. ;)
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Yup... it's getting old!

Flagged!