Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

columbia boiler emerald series em 100 combustion chamber

Options
Hi,
A friend of mine who has no access to the Internet has somehow gotten me involved in trying to find a replacement combustion chamber for his columbia boiler. It is a emerald series em 100. steel,dry base, oil fired unit. when he cleaned it this fall he found the combustion chamber was shot and they are no longer available. I recommended that he replace the entire unit, and get a cast, wet base boiler. figuring if parts are no longer available it might be time to upgrade. He acted like he was just gut shot lol. Suffice it to say he's determined to make this one work. I can't find any direct replacements, just the quickie and time saver universal chambers from lynn manufacturing. I can't believe that there's not another make or model that could be used,maybe with a little modification to make it fit. In all honesty, the boiler is not in bad shape, he's taken good care of it since he put it in. I just think of it as more of a economy model and couldn't hurt to be upgraded,but it's not mine.

In another life i was in the hvac trade,mostly service with some replacement work.did a lot of schools with coal fired boilers. I'll never forget, the first time we'd pull up to a school in late spring all the maintenance personal had their trucks parked in back waiting to have the air conditioning filled. Cheap insurance for getting more work the boss told me lol. Just got to old and broken down to be crawling in and out of them drilling the water jackets out,punching the tubes out, pulling buckets full of tools up the sides of buildings,reclaiming equipment, etc. it just became to much. Became a township worker the last 15 years. Still, i miss it sometimes.
Well enough reminiscing, if anyone has any ideas please let me know, Lee
also, thank you very much.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Lynn chamber kit
    Columbia Emerald
    OEM part#- 337345
    STEVEusaPA
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Did one a year and a half ago, it appears @HVACNUT has the info.
    But here's the problem. After you properly clean the boiler, properly install the chamber kit, and tune up the burner, you're going to need a smoke gun & combustion analyzer to set it up.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• crittergitter65
    crittergitter65 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    As far as i know that kit is no longer available /discontinued.

When he has it finished he has already asked a friend who still is involved in the industry for his help. He is going to check all of his work to make sure it's done right and if it passes muster he'll set it up and get it running for him. I think it's going to cost a case of busch lol. By the way said friend can't find the lynn manufacturing kit either.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Call Columbia Boiler at 610-369-1450 they will answer Boyertown Furnace Company just ask for Bridget.
    Have the complete model number and S/N she will be able to help you. She should tell you who sells Columbia boilers in your area.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    What city do you live in?
  • crittergitter65
    crittergitter65 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Bob,
    my buddy lives near mechanicsburg, cumberland county. Thanks for the contact info.
    Kc Jones, thanks for the link to the ebay auction. I'll make sure he gets it tomorrow when i go down.