Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Loving Taco Pumps

Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,261
Pumping 7,000 sf of radiant with 100 watts.
Rich_49

Comments

• cwilliams2000
    cwilliams2000 Member Posts: 140
    Very cool and nice looking install. Would love to see more pictures of the equipment in that space.
    Harvey Ramer
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    You maniac! Love it. Very nice Harvey....and yes, more pics please

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Harvey Ramer
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    edited November 2017
    Is that an old Onyx system?

More pics!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    Harvey Ramer
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,787
    nice piping work. What brand air sep? Does it have a flow direction, seems close to turbulence. It looks like the casting has more distance on one end compared to the other? Or just the pic angle.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    More pics will come. I need better lighting to get a good picture. Currently waiting on the construction company to finish the walls and ceilings.

That air separator is made by Watts. The flange that connects to the pump is a swivel flange and also has a short piece of straight pipe casting. There is turbulence in the air Sep. I can tell by the fluttering gauge directly below. But to be fair, I am pushing the max gpm that it is rated for. I chose it for the space savings. If not for that, I would have had to do some creative piping.

The air Sep doesn't perform on the same level as a Sep piped in straight and level piping. But than again, neither does a vertical Sep. It will work great in this application, as it is all low temp radiant. After a good purge, there is not much air to be released from the water at such a low temp.
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,094
    but think of all the electricity that LED display is eating up . . . gotta love information though, what i want is a really reliable display of flow and temperature . . . can you get those as an output from that pump . . . sometimes in low temp, low delta situations it is hard to just use the hand test for if the pipe is hot to 'measure' flow.
  • Harvey Ramer

but think of all the electricity that LED display is eating up . . . gotta love information though, what i want is a really reliable display of flow and temperature . . . can you get those as an output from that pump . . . sometimes in low temp, low delta situations it is hard to just use the hand test for if the pipe is hot to 'measure' flow.

The Pump displays Watts, Ft of Head, GPM, and RPM. According to the flowmeters on the manifolds, the GPM readout is fairly accurate.
  • Harvey Ramer

Is that an old Onyx system?

More pics!

No, most of it is Mr Pex. The black tube you see are 2 small loops of viega pex for 2 bathrooms.
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,094
    does it take sensors so it can display feed and return either from a primary loop or possible from several loops. that would allow it to integrate the GPM to give a BTU reading as well..