Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Furnace Draft Inducer Blower Motor

Turbo Member Posts: 8
edited October 2017 in Gas Heating
I have a Ruud Silhouette II UGDG-125ARJR with a cracked Draft Inducer housing. The crack has not stopped the operation of the furnace but I want to change it. The original cracked one has a plastic housing made by Ametek part number 117104-05. I want to replace it with an OEM original factory part, do not like aftermarket parts on anything they never work out right. Which company is making the parts for Rheem Ruud these days. All the new ones are made of cast instead of plastic. I have found the original part number in an old catalog of 70-22838-02 which I think has been replaced by 70-24157-03.
Fasco A066
Protech 70-24157-03
Jakel 117847-07
Rotom FB-RFB241
NBK makes Fasco?
Don't want to make my question too confusing just want to know who the OEM supplier is to Ruud so I can buy the best quality part for the best price. Just like buying an AcDelco part instead of going to Dealer. Half the price for the same exact part. Thank you for the help.


    HVACNUT Member Posts: 4,949
    Where are you located?
    In the New York tri state area, Blackman plumbing supply is a Ruud distributor. Rheem (MCN Distributors) is the same so if there's a Rheem distributor you can give them the model and serial numbers and they can cross reference.
    I believe they use the Protech motor, but might be Fasco.
    Get the whole assembly. Housing, motor, fan.
    I wouldn't use it with a cracked housing. It's just above the burners and you don't want to pull the flame back. You also don't want to dilute the exhaust. Can you put high temp silicone on the crack until you get a new assembly?
  • Turbo
    Turbo Member Posts: 8
    I will spread some hi temp silicone over the crack. Easy enough. Most likely going to get a Protech. Thank you for the help.