Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One radiator isn’t heating fully after renovation.

jlonj
jlonj Member Posts: 23
We just did a major remodel which included some changes to my one pipe system. Specifically, two radiators were replaced with sunrad recessed models and two radiators for bedrooms upstairs were repiped to move the piping out of the way of new doorways.

The new radiators are working ok save for one upstairs. At first there was a leak for this radiator’s piping in the basement, so I thought that was the cause. But now the plumber fixed the leak, but it is still not filling properly.

I usually set the thermostat back at night and like to have the radiators fill up in the morning. This one radiator for a bedroom only fills up 2 if the 8 segments. All the other radiators are full, including the beheamoths downstairs.

I’m assuming it’s a piping issue since it was working fine before the project last winter. I posted a pic - anyone have any ideas? The vents were all replaced about 3 years ago, but I can try replacing it to see if that’s the cause.

Also, anyone know a good steam contractor for central NJ? I used to use JStar but don’t think he’s around. I tend to think I might need to hire an expert to fix it rather than using my GC.