Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CO

Grallert
Grallert Member Posts: 643
Hey gang Id like to have on hand something that I should have gotten years ago. Personal CO detectors or alarm. Any recommendations? I spend a lot of time in our mechanical rooms and our security team makes frequent visits on their rounds. So I'm wondering about any experience you might have. Thanks.
M
Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker

Comments

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    You might find this thread helpful: https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/comment/1416184
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    JohnNY
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    I have a Fluke CO detector that I can use alone with audible beeps, or plug it in to my Fluke RMS and get PPM readings.
    If you have a combustion analyzer, it should have a free air reading.
  • Grallert
    thank you Erin.
    I now use my analyzer but its a bit cumbersome. I use it still to calm fears.
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 792
    edited October 2017
    Get the Sensorcom Industrial Pro. Buy the one that also vibrates. They are cheaper without it, however when it is clipped to your belt you can't see the visual display lights. In a noisy room you can't hear the alarm but you can feel it vibrate.
    They also have replaceable batteries and can be calibrated. Even after they say EOL (End of Life) they can be good for years as long as they are checked.

One more note, these are personal safety monitors not equipment diagnostic tools.
  • Grallert
    Thanks you guy. Erin I remember that thread now. Really helpful. now if I could only remember to head Dans advice at the top of each subject "Before You Ask"
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    You're welcome!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com