Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What am I doing wrong?

Options
wklopf
wklopf Member Posts: 44
Earlier, on another thread, I was told that the boilers which I was considering were 1.5 to 2.5 times the BTU output which my house required. I am in Illinois, about 30 miles from St. Louis, MO, so boiler installation is not that common. I did a heat loss calculation using the Slant Fin program. That calculation indicated a heat loss of 57,500 BTUs at 4 degrees. The units suggested by contractors up to that point ranged from 110,000 BTU to 200,000 BTU. The discussion on that earlier thread convinced me that a boiler of about 80,000 BTU with a turn down ratio of 10 to 1 would be ideal. When I have tried to contact contractors telling them of my heat loss and suggesting that the HTP UFT 80W would fill the bill, no one returns my calls. I also tell them who the HTP distributor for my area is. Am I doing something wrong here, and if so, what? Thanks.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    Contact the HTP rep in the area. Ask them if they can give you a list of contractors in your area that have been through HTP training
    New England SteamWorksHVACNUTdelta T
  • New England SteamWorks
    New England SteamWorks Member Posts: 1,505
    Options
    You'd be surprised how many contractors panic and pull out when faced with new or conflicting information.

A good contractor would take the time to engage you in a dialogue. They may have their way, and you might have your way (information), but they'd be more than happy to have the discussion.
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com
    HVACNUTSolid_Fuel_ManPaul S_3delta T