Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any experienced Steam Contractors in Central NY (Utica/Rome)?

Options
As I have previously posted, I have an aging boiler with poor near-boiler piping (no header, not designed with a main vent). One of my radiators seems to be out of commission and almost all of the valves on the rads could use replacement. There is a local company that maintains my system but I have my doubts that they are competent enough to really do a thorough job for the prices they charge. They have acknowledged that I am living on borrowed time with the current setup. To top it off, I have some foil-wrapped pipes. We all know what that means. According to the "Find a Contractor" feature on this site, there in no one within 100 miles! Truly astounding when considering the amount of steam boilers around these parts. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    I don't know if @EzzyT can help you out, in that area or not. Let's see if he responds.He'd be great if you can get him there.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    How about a few pictures?? Any COMPETANT pipe fitter can do the work IF their can READ the boiler installation instructions and get a copy of Dan's book LAOSH revised. And they don't have a know it all attitude
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,296
    Options
    Rome/Uthica area is about 3+ hours away from me, I would go up there to Consult.
    @Steamer1928 send me a private message
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,307
    Options
    This is a great opportunity for a smart contractor in Central NY to join Find a Contractor. Over the last 3 years, traffic to Heating Help has grown 81%. The next generation of homeowners is online and they're looking for pros.

President
    HeatingHelp.com