Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New heating season!!

Options
EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
I noticed the Wall a little slow lately..

No longer!!! The heating season is starting!! The joint is hopping.
MilanDRomanGK_26986764589

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    My air conditioning is still running. ;)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    Canuckerhydro_newbieRomanGK_26986764589
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,834
    Options
    > @KC_Jones said:
    > My air conditioning is still running. ;)

Mine too. The boys and I are in shorts, and my bride is covered in a shawl and wooly socks.
    KC_JonesErin Holohan Haskell
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    the calm before the storm, but its coming
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    We're ready! Looks like we'll have a colder winter than the last one.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    Going into last winter, everyone said we were going to get hammered. We didn't. Just look out your "Super Doppler" window. What it is, it is. The weather forecasters have gone way past a normal margin of error, and are proving to be ridiculous with their forecasts. The problem is, the one time in a hundred they get the forecast right, no one pays attention. I doubt this state will shut down again this year, based on one of their forecasts.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options

We're ready! Looks like we'll have a colder winter than the last one.

Be hard not to! :)
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • MilanD
    MilanD Member Posts: 1,160
    Options
    Southern Ohio forecasters were off on weather all summer. I'm not sure what the Farmer's Almanac says, but my knees don't ache, so probably - it'll be a mild one :smiley:
  • FranklinD
    FranklinD Member Posts: 399
    Options
    We had an incredibly wet & chilly summer up here, just outside of Duluth MN. Maybe only 2 weeks or so total of weather in the 80's (plus 80% humidity and clouds of mosquitos, of course!). I think we got at least 2-3" of rain every week for the entire summer...anyway, it sure felt like that much. Construction on my garage project, at least as far as the dirt work and concrete, was a game of Russian roulette for sure. Ugh. This is the land of wonderful red clay. Excavator and dump truck and bobcat all got stuck numerous times!

I just cleaned the boiler, bled radiators, checked expansion tank pressure, and unsealed the exterior vent & intake air terminations this week... unusual for us to not need ANY heat in September, but it's stayed in the low 50's to mid 60's since the end of August. Not too bad.

We had our first frost last night finally, so winter must be coming after all. Two months to go til we're frozen up and seeing -20°f temps! Woooo!!! Can hardly wait
    Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
    Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
    Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems
    RomanGK_26986764589