Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Keep the people in Florida and the islands on your prayers

Options
BobC
BobC Member Posts: 5,478
I have family in Florida, Irma is shaping up to be a terrible ordeal for the people in it's path. The stories coming out of the islands that Irma has ravaged are heartbreaking, the people have lost everything and help will be slow getting to them.

Keep them in your prayers.

Bob
Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
3PSI gauge
kcopp

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Amen.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    So true, @BobC. Thoughts and prayers to all.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • Roohollah
    Roohollah Member Posts: 135
    Options
    The news is bitterly heartbroken . The disaster is so massive to mitigate its aftermath .Indeed, we pray for all those who are suffering from this horrible calamity and hope that the situation could be controllable and safe for all .
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    I wonder if the newer construction codes for hurricane resistant buildings will have worked to minimize damage, although maybe no wood construction could resist 150 mph winds.
    I also wonder why windows in those susceptible areas do not have permantly installed shutters. Surely that would reduce hurricane-force winds, and much easier to implement than nailing plywood sheets up.--NBC
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Options
    The last time a hurricane hit the Tampa/St. Pete area, there was about 10000 residents. Hurricane Andrew shed light on the terrible construction on the east coast. We can only pray that no lives are lost.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Hopefully it will make landfall and reduce strength quickly. Prayers to all. Can't imagine trying to ride it out
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,926
    Options
    Absolutely! have childhood friends down there. Horse trainer & a Sheriff Deputy. Praying on Texas too. Mad Dog
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    We have a family friend in Naples... Friday morning she told us she's not evacuating!
    She's 17ft above sea level.
    She said she may go to one of the shelters. I sure hope she made it in time!
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    @nicholas bonham-carter My sister bought a house in Royal Palm Beach in the late 90's and that had hurricane shutters retrofitted to it because of what Andrew did to southern Florida.The problem is really bad storms only hit every few decades and people tend to forget how bad it can get.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    My former boss (retired last year) is in Tampa right now. I have been in contact with him and so far so good. He and his wife are taking care of her 90 year old parents. Good people I hope they stay safe.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    May the all stay safe. Yes. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.