Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Figitsu 3ton

Anyone ever install the slim duct 12,000 btu units, the only info I can get is use hard duct , use 2 8 inch round , insulate the duct, and don't go over 8 feet, keep the duct runs small.

Comments

• Mike
    Mike Member Posts: 94
    You need to keep the static presure as low as possible. The blower can't handle alot. The filter a range mentioned is horrible at best. I'd use a filter grill. Besides that, its a nice unit, no problems with them. Knock on wood.
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    I am going to use filter grill 2 10 x 10 grill with a 10 inch round coming back to the grill, are they efficient as they clam to be. I am middle of buying a 3 ton system with 4 ports , 3 rooms will have slim duct 2 12,000 and 1 - 7,000 btu and 1 ceiling cassette.
  • Mike
    Mike Member Posts: 94
    No complaints about the efficiency, everyone has been pleasantly surprised. Haven't put in a lot of the slim duct models, mostly the wall hung, cheaper. But no complaints. I'm a little leery of the heating side in cold temps. Any heatpump for that matter. Trying to heat the space from the ceiling down? But no complaints, but there is always a back up heat source. I also prefer the hard wire controller, the temp. sensor in the controller. Keep the ducts short and it should be fine. Tech support is probably the best of all of them.
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Thanks mike I do have a boiler, it's 35 years old, when that goes or I get some state rebate I might change it before winter.
    If you YouTube slim duct and Johnstone you get a nice presentation of duct sizeing for figitsu.