Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heater needed for sunroom

Options
zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
I am looking for suggestions on an electric heater that would be installed in a sunroom that is roughly 200 ft2, with an 8' ceiling height.The home does not have any type of fossil fuel, and the homeowner does not want air conditioning in the room, heat only, so that ruels out a ductless split. The construction of the room is such that the only area to mount any type of permanent unit is above the enterence to the room where it connects to the main home, there is a space that is roughly 18"x72", an ideal spot for a ductless split air handler. I would like to find something that has a fan in it to force the air down, as long as the fan does not produce too much noise, or a radiant heat panel. I have attached a picture of the existing conditions, and any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks to all.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    What is the coldest temperature in the area?
    Will the house have enough electric service to add this heater?--NBC
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Put in a ductless HP they can run it just for heat they do not need to use it for A/C. Plus when they sell the house that will be a big plus that there is heating and A/C in that room.
  • zepfan
    zepfan Member Posts: 397
    Options
    the winter design temperature for the area the house is located in is 12 degrees