Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Does Buderus make any controller that does not use outdoor reset?

rog2e
rog2e Member Posts: 16
After looking everywhere for a used R2109 and not finding anything I am just wondering if Buderus makes a simple controller that does not use Outdoor Reset. Most of my heat comes from an outdoor wood boiler with only the Buderus as a backup. (The wood boiler is piped in directly to the Buderus and the Buderus will only kick on its burner if the temp falls below the low limit). So I am really only using my oil maybe 20-30 percent of the time and that's only if I go on vacation or I just forget to load more wood. A sophisticated R2107 or any outdoor reset wood be a waste for me. I know that there are other models but the real for me is that I don't want to have to swap out the Buderus immersion well. So I guess if there is another brand that will still let me use the Buderus immersion well then I might look into that as well.

Thanks

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    You're prepared to rewire from a 2109 to conventional control but deterred by swapping the well?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Bob Bona_4
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    edited April 2017
    I am sure you can get a Honeywell aquastat to fit in/on the well sensor. Many have a sensor that can be extended.
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    honey well 7224u is a good control you can run low limit down to 120, might have to change the well
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    What's your aversion to changing the well?
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,035
    If you don't have a LWCO, then a Hydrostat 3250 will give you cold start, triple acting and low water protection. Just use the Hydrostat well. What the dilly yo? Takes about 10 minutes to change the well.
    CTOilHeat