Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

YP9C Furnace YORK® Affinity™ Series

Options
Viess
Viess Member Posts: 58
Hey can anyone tell me what an Indoor Equipment Fault is? That's what my smart communicating York thermostat/controller has read the last 3 mornings when I get up. The furnace is still working and I'm waiting on my house builder to get someone out here. Any thoughts please.

Comments

• Viess
    Viess Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Okay just in case anybody cares, lol. I had a NATE certified guy come by. He did the standard yearly service which was done at 6 months. He said he couldn't find anything wrong but if the problem persisted he would suggest possibly replacing a pressure switch gas valve or flame sensor. Okay. The very next day it happened again "Indoor Equipment Fault" So I called our builder/new construction and he had the installer come by to take a look. What he found was the last tube/burner was partially blocked. The glow plug would come on gas valve opens then the first tube would light then the second one would light but the third and final one didn't so the flame sensor which is located on the final burner shut the furnace down. Even though the NATE certified guy had cleaned the burner assembly he must have missed what ever was in the gas port/passage way.
    Tinman
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,479
    Options
    Sometimes you have to turn all the rocks over TWICE to uncover a problem.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge