Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

Extra zone coming on with priority DHW

Options
Hi all, I'm not sure if our Taco ZVC 406 is fritzing out or what. Whenever our DHW (zone 6, priority on) calls, our zone 4 comes on. The box is 19 years-old but nothing has changed with it in terms or wiring or anyone doing anything with it or to it. I just happened to notice both zones on one warm day, so I tested it and sure enough, zone 4 calls whenever zone 6 calls. It appears as if zone 6 is causing zone 4 to call. Anyone ever seen something like this? Do I need to get a new Taco unit?

Thank you very much in advance,

Will

Comments

  • wt
    wt Posts: 13
    No ideas yet? I'm a little surprised. Should I just replace the ZVC 406 and cross my fingers then?

    Thanks
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Posts: 4,469
    I'd say replace it. It's doing something, it should never do.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Posts: 7,695
    If you remove wires from TT on zone 4 and jump TT on zone 6 and zone 4 valve still opens, it's internal and you need a new board.
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Posts: 627
    Start with the simple "testing" like @HVACNUT suggested. Each circuit should be separate.
    Isolate each zone and test one at a time.

    Dave H

    Dave Holdorf

    Technical Training Manager - East

    Taco, Inc

  • wt
    wt Posts: 13
    edited March 2017
    Indeed - I jumped zone 4 TT to 6 TT and it again caused it to call. Will replace board. Thank you!