Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bryant 4-94 conversion burner/Thermo Pilot 700 - short cycling

Home is a 1930 2-story brick colonial, with the original coal boiler converted to gas in 1939-1940ish. 2 mains, single pipe steam. Though likely terribly inefficient, the boiler has been serving us reasonably well since moving in 4 years ago, and the previous owners had had few (if any) issues with it since they owned the home in 1988, though it's been neglected and believed not to have ever been drained during at least that time frame. The sight glass leaks a bit, and I add water every few weeks, but otherwise it's been trouble free.

Within the last two days, the burner has begun short cycling, and won't keep the house up to temp when it's moderately cold out. There's no clear pattern to the cycle - it could run for 5 minutes, or 5 seconds at a time. Jiggling wires don't seem to make a difference - all connections seem to be terminated well.

If repair is possible, I'd rather repair. I am open to replacement if
there is truly no reasonable way to repair.

I'm new to the forums, so I will edit my post if the pictures don't work after the initial post.

Comments

• rainbowshoppe
    rainbowshoppe Member Posts: 1
    is there a replacement fot the bryant therm. pilot #700 or replacement
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited January 2022
    is there a replacement fot the bryant therm. pilot #700 or replacement
    That post is from 2017. You might want to start you're own thread. Click on the pencil. 
    If yours looks like the system in the pics, I wouldn't be happy until all was brought up to current safety requirements. 

Erin Holohan Haskell