Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Soaker system operation for closed loop horizontal heat exchanger

Options
bnjmn
bnjmn Member Posts: 53
I have a new residential water to air system that I am installing. 4 ton system. System is sized and installed correctly I just more or less wanted to experiment with this.

This is a 4 pipe system with an average depth of 7ft and 700ft of trench. After installing all the geo pipe I ran a 3/4" pipe over top of the system piping in S pattern holes drilled every 18" or so.

I am going to use a 24 volt Taco Geothermal valve for on off control of water. I'm thinking of using a 7 day programmable WIFI thermostat and set up a schedule for a few hours once a week to water. House has a variable speed well pump and I plan on only using 4 gallons a minute when watering so homeowners won't notice any water use noise or reduced water pressure. With the WIFI stat I can always turn it off remotely without having to visit site, I already will have a few other WIFI stats on the job.

I have never installed or used a soaker hose, anyone out there have any control tricks or things they have learned that has worked well?

Thanks, Ben

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Will the soaker hose be the full length of the buried tubing-700 ft?
    That is a long run to make the holes supply an even discharge along its length. Have a look at some drip irrigation "Rainbird dripline", with emitters every foot, which will be more even, although may still be restricted in length to half that length, depending on your water pressure. The Rainbird website will have tables for determining pressure versus length.--NBC