Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TM9x080b12mp11a Luxaire /York condensate issues

DZoro
DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
Had a new customer call today with a York/ Luxaire LX series furnace. This is not our install, a local guy installed a few and then went out of business. So I get the after hours call..... It is the newer series with the clear condensate box. Condensate had gotten into the pressure tube. I cleared all the condensate out, drains pan, removed inducer, checked for proper venter re-stricter. They used 1/2" pvc short drain all appear installed ok. My question is has anyone had issues with these units. I knew I didn't find the smoking gun, and was correct have a second call back. Any info would be appreciated. Forgot also lifted pressure tube up so condensate doesn't gather in it, and bent turbulators straight down behind the venter.
Denny

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    To answer my own situation. Luxaire/York series with the clear condensate box. Replace the box with the newer version. Clear box tended to develop hairline cracks, and cause this issue. Also recommenced changing both pressure switches. Maybe help someone in the future.
    D
    Mike
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    You are correct about the clear condensate pan. They were actually paying labor to have them switched out. That quit a few months ago.
    DZoro