Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham 406 2 or 1 pipe to feed the main?

2»

Comments

• PinkTavo
    PinkTavo Member Posts: 64
    edited March 2017

I looked back and found an old post from Nicholas Bonham-Carter: www.gaugestore.com
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited March 2017
    TREV's are available from Supplyhouse.com. The Dan Foss requires four components, the valve, the operator, the vent and the vacuum breaker. You may want to call them before you order to make sure you get what you need:
    http://www.supplyhouse.com/Danfoss-Thermostatic-Radiator-Valves-789000
  • mr_ius
    mr_ius Member Posts: 25
    Fred, thank you for the check list.
    1- All vents are brand new. System is virtually leak free that I know of except for a small crawl space i'll have to suit up in order to check out, and I'll do that soon.
    2- This boiler was installed a few months ago and I cleaned the burners then. I'll have to check into adjustments.
    3- The boiler has been drained twice since we've had it although the system has not been flushed. The draining has not been particularly dirty.
    4- I've used two products to clean out the boiler (pictured below). The Colloid I used first; applied, ran the boiler and drained. Didn't quite seem to do the job. I applied the Sentinel 400X and the water in the column seems to have cleared up. I put it in a few days ago. I'll flush it soon.
    5- The wet returns have not been flushed. I'll look into that.
    6- The water feeder is brand new. I'm not sure how to check to see if it's defective.
    7- The Pressuretrol is set at 10lbs and we're operating at 4oz if that.
    8- 3psi gauge is in the mail.
    9- We've put to big vents in the system which originally had none. Do you recommend putting large vents at the absolute end of the line, or as close as you can get to it?
    Thanks again