Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Another fail!

Options
Danny Scully
Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,426
edited February 2017 in Strictly Steam
Yet another leaker. Customer's boiler was going off on low water daily. We found water to be leaking into the burner tray. Just finished up a long day. Got the steam side of things up and running. Condensate zone to be completed tomorrow. First picture is leaking Burnham. 2nd picture is replacement Crown.
LionA29Dan FoleyNew England SteamWorksTinmanMilanDSteamyKittylchmb

Comments

• MilanD
    MilanD Member Posts: 1,160
    Options
    Nice work!

I'd recommend checking tds and chlorides... It's a sad state all these boilers failing quickly. With a little bit of distilled water to start off, many of these boilers can again last like the old timers.

Very nice looking install!!
  • Danny Scully
    Options
    Thanks @MilanD! We certainly will be testing the water quality.
  • Danny Scully
    Options
    Condensate zone complete.
    TinmanMilanDSteamyKittylchmb
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Danny Scully what's the hardware called that you use to mount the threaded rod to the floor that supports the strut channel for the pump? My supplier has no idea what I'm asking for.

p.s. nice work ;)
  • LionA29
    LionA29 Member Posts: 255
    Options
    Beautiful install @Danny Scully
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    @Abracadabra - those are split ring clamps with ceiling bases. Porter has them.

@Danny Scully - is that an RH-8 heat exchanger? Where are you getting them?
    Steve Minnich
  • Danny Scully
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks @LionA29, thanks @Abracadabra! The hardware on the floor are just ceiling plates. Supplyhouse.com has them. @Stephen Minnich, its a 6 and I got this one at Blackman.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,069
    Options
    I have used "Sammie" 1/4" x 2 1/2" wood screws into a tight hole drilled into concrete for the same purpose.... one hole to drill.

I think "Sammie" makes a self threading/tapping screw like the "Tapcon" , but for my purpose the woodies worked well.
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,296
    Options
    Beautiful install Danny. Stephen, Sid Harvey's carries the Everhot exchangers, don't know if there's one in your area.
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    Tinman
  • Danny Scully
    Options
    Thanks Ezzy!
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    Options
    Nice pipe work
    I could not help but see how different our gas code is compared to yours. In Canada ,we are required to equip every gas supply with four directions of movement , of course we all call this orientation a swing joint. The problem is every inspector had their own understanding of the code as it is written. I remember one job where we installed a small furnance and our code requires one inch pipe over 90k I piped the last of the run in 3/4 and of course the inspector was going to make me repipe the whole thing. So being an sob I played dumb and got the bosses from inspections to come down and look at my disaster. I copied the page from the code book on gas pipe sizing and taped it on the furnance door ---- strange never heard another word, I wonder why ? Anyways you must of had a good journeyman he taught you well. All the best Jack Martin Winnipeg Canada