Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adjustable air vent on Danfoss Steam 1PS TRV

Options
Has anyone tried putting a Hoffman 1b on a Danfoss 1PS TRV?

Comments

• MilanD
    MilanD Member Posts: 1,160
    Options
    I have one on the honeywell version. Turn the valve 90 degrees. No problem. And it gives me ability to balance the rad.
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    A 1B is a straight vent , but if my memory is correct it is 1/4 inch connection or something. There are not many adjustable straight vents on the market .
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    I know I was thinking I could put a reducing adapter on the body to make it work. I installed a Hoffman 41 today to see if that slows things down over the ventrite 31. So far so good but still have a little rattling, yes the radiator is pitched correctly. I am starting to wonder if the 2 year old floor valve may be faulty. Hope not since it is hard to get to in a bookshelf. If it is I am hoping the large nut can be opened up to just swap out the stem and plunger.
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    I did see a conversation on here recently about newer hand radiator valves and how many are not correct for steam. Might be worth a new thread if you keep having problems.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller