Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

overdue update on my Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler install and operation

leonz
leonz Member Posts: 1,095
Please accept my sincere apologies for not responding sooner with regard to my boiler odyssey.

I kicked both the original and replacement Hydrolevel 3250 Plus aquastats to the curb/bag and will
return them to the dealer as they were both defective. I did the same thing with the chinese no name gauges.

I replaced them with Honeywell L8124L1011 triple aquastat and a B+G Bull Dog RB122-E low water cut off and had the entire thing rewired to so the dual fuel system would work properly.

I replaced the original Intermatic 30 minute timer motor that came with the other components as it was defective
and now the boiler on coal or oil works just fine.

I have been burning about 80 pounds fo anthracite rice coal per day on average which works out to 50 cents an hour not counting debt service.

everything works and I sleep very well now.
Leon

Comments

• leonz
    leonz Member Posts: 1,095
    Happy Mothers Day 2017.

Here is my update to you all regarding my Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler.

I am looking at round radiators as an option for a dump zone in the unheated garage and using logostor insulated Pex tubing for the pipe run.
    I am burning a 40 pound bag of coal a day to chase the dampness away in the house and the replacement Honeywell and B+G boiler controls are working very well with output of 4-10 PSIG and 160-190 water temperature.
    The 1,000 degree fiberglass furnace insulation I laid on the steam chest made a huge difference in heat retention and in coal savings.
    We have plenty of hot water as well and the propane hot water heater does not run much at all. We have to have it cleaned this year as it is overdue.
    The way the weather is going I will probably be burning coal until June.
    All I have to have done is install a 2 pipe oil feeder/return system installed for the old Riello oil burner that was installed in the oil side of the coal stoker as it is constantly getting air locked.
    I need to buy one new coil of refrigeration tubing and the fittings and we will be all set. I do not have enough of the refrigeration tubing left for the return line connection so.........