Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham K2 functionality

Options
frankmarr
frankmarr Member Posts: 2
I currently have a K2 unit installed in my home on a single zone. This spring/summer I am planning to do some home renovations which includes a bathroom gut and installation of a new bathroom. I am looking to add a zone for an indirect fire DHW storage tank. As this installation would already require me to add the much recommended primary/secondary loop I figured I would add a third zone to heat the new bathrooms using heated floors. I have read that the heated floor should be run at a lower temp than currently runs through my hot water radiators. Can his boiler unit regulate temperature through three separate zones i.e: 180 for the radiators and 100 for the floor heating?

Comments

• rbeck
    rbeck Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No, it will not without a mixing valve. It does offer two temps and you choose which one takes priority but it will not shut off zone needing the other reset curve. It will still offer some savings when the only demand id for the low temp heating curve.
    Some people will make the lower temp curve the priority and run the higher temp curves at lower temp to give some heat while in a demand for lower temp. When it satisfies the higher temp curve will reset back to it's setpoint temperature. Not a good application if high temp curve is for hydro-air.