Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Knight WB051 boiler is stuck calling to heat boilermate DHW with no sensor or aquastat con

Options
godina
godina Member Posts: 1
I have a Lochinvar Knight WB051 boiler that is stuck calling for heat to the boilermate DHW without the aquastat or sensor hooked up. The boiler has been installed and working great for years. I noticed the other day that the DHW was way hot. I went to adjust the boilermate thermostat and found the boiler still calling for heat to the boilermate. The DHW was at 180 F. I thought the boilermate thermostat/aquastat went bad and was stuck on, so I unhooked it at both ends and the boilermate was still calling for heat. There is also a input for a sensor that can be hooked up and put in the boilermate well to sense the temperature of the boilermate water temp, but I have no sensor or any wires hooked up to it. On the control screen, it says the temp of the DHW is 18 F and the setpoint is 125 F, again with no sensor hooked up. The installation manual says that the boiler will work with either an aquastat or the sensor. It says that it will automatically know if the sensor is attached and use it for DHW temp control if it is hooked up. I went through all the control settings and everything is at the default and looks fine.
Anyone had any problem like this? Maybe the control board went bad? Is there a way to reset the control board? The boiler does not set off any error codes.

Thanks
Art