Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

looking for replacement tailpieces for runtal valves

BoonBoon Member Posts: 237
I'm looking for at least 4 extra tailpieces for Runtal decorative radiator valves. I don't see them sold separately.

The valve & tailpiece don't seem to be a pair, you know, like ground joint unions, so I'm wondering if there is a generic tailpiece that might also work. Anyone know? If there is, I'm not going to be picky about the other end of the tailpiece... sweat, threaded, female/male, ... whatever.

For what I'm doing, I don't really need these extra tailpieces to be decorative.

Thanks
David
DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.
Tagged:

Comments

• hot_rodhot_rod Member Posts: 11,378
    got a pic of the valve?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • BoonBoon Member Posts: 237
    Here are a few with a couple measurements. Thanks.

Definitely seals with a washer

wish I had a thread gauge

Inside diameter

IMG_5050.jpg
    1080 x 810 - 152K
    IMG_5049.jpg
    1080 x 810 - 123K
    IMG_5052.jpg
    1080 x 810 - 171K
    IMG_5053.jpg
    1080 x 1440 - 223K
    DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.
  • BoonBoon Member Posts: 237
    @hot rod a Caleffi PEX manifold fitting worked! Mostly. I mean, it would not pressure test at 100psi but it held at 50psi, which is good enough for my temporary use.
    IMG_5058.jpg
    1080 x 1337 - 203K