Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Leaking valve

ktully1973ktully1973 Member Posts: 12
I am a newbie hvac guy working in building management. A friend ask me if I can help him fix a leak. My limited experience is mostly with splits and RTU. So this is my first experience dealing with a boiler. This looks like a valve with some type of pressure fitting.
What type of fitting is this?


  • ktully1973ktully1973 Member Posts: 12
    I am pretty sure it is a bleeder valve.
  • rick in Alaskarick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,106
    I am pretty sure it is a mixing valve, but there is too much crud on it to tell. Looks to be shut off valves on each side of it though. My guess is that it is too scaled up to be able to take it apart to fix it, so most likely will need to be cut out and replaced.
  • ktully1973ktully1973 Member Posts: 12
    I was doing research and I didn't think it was a bleeder valve. That is going to make the replacement a lot easier. Thanks for you help.
  • ktully1973ktully1973 Member Posts: 12
    The mixing valve would mean that the leak is coming from the hot water system. Correct
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!