Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Viessmann Vitodens 200 6-24C code 06

zac_2
zac_2 Member Posts: 30
edited January 2017 in Gas Heating
Need help as Viessmann tech support is now closed for the weekend and I have cold irritated customers.

During a cold spell about 2 weeks ago now boiler shut down with a code 06 and red fault light but would randomly also display a 07 and FE when reset. I checked all the venting for possible ice build-up or other blockage but it was clear. After talking with tech support they thought the LGM board was burned out due to the randomness of the errors so I replaced that and it now consistently displays code 06 and no red fault light. After second call to tech they suggested I verify blower function by pulling the high limit wire, I did that and no blower which felt quite hot to the touch. I just replaced the blower this afternoon but still code 06. I am able to clear the error and it stays clear but no start-up sequence. Now when I pull the high limit wire blower does start so I'm pretty confident both board & blower were toast but what would you recommend the next step be?

Comments