Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Top floor radiators hot...2nd floor radiator cold.

Options
LI_CJ
LI_CJ Member Posts: 11
I just had my boiler replaced with a nice Peerless unit. I have a few radiators where are notoriously tough to bleed, and I think a little bit of air re-entered the system during the boiler replacement.

I successfully bled my third floor rads, but I have one on the 2nd floor in the bathroom that is cold. I have water coming out of the bleeder (vs air), so I'm thinking there is an air pocket trapped. The feed pipe to the radiator is warm.

Should I just run water out of the bleeder until I find the remaining air? I haven't attempted to bleed more than a quart or so at one time...so maybe I need to be more aggressive and run a few gallons through.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Or you may need to do a good high pressure purge again.

If there is an airlock or bubble in the piping, it may be hard to bleed that out at a radiator.

Usually there is a means to isolate and purge the various zones or loops in the boiler room. Shut off valves and purge cocks of some sort.

Does the system have a good quality air purger back at the boiler? that will take care of any air that circulates after the initial purge id performed.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • LI_CJ
    LI_CJ Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm good now. Revisited and the air worked its way through. One more purge and now I'm hot!

Thanks.