Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TRV Actuator Conspiricy

Options
hvacfreak2
hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
There was a comment made in a thread recently that made mention of the fact that there are no modern TRV heads available in the United States . I arrived at the same conclusion recently when shopping for mine , and it really makes no good sense. Danfoss and Honeywell both offer heads for RA 2000 but not to any American vendors. The Danfoss information that I was able to gather seemed to indicate that it would display Celcius only ,the Honeywell model does have a Fahrenheit configuration item included.

Both of these are actually available online , but from outside the US . Supply House Dot Com does actually have available Honeywell units but you have to have an account and wait for them to get back to you to discuss the price
( almost like they are not really supposed to sell them ? ). In the case of Danfoss , is it some sort of " glove to the face " National pride thing for them ? Either way it would be nice to know why. Anyone know anything else on this ?
hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

ChrisJ

Comments

• Eastman
    Eastman Member Posts: 927
    Options
    The Honeywell evohome system looks really cool. They also have OpenTherm support. How come our boilers and thermostats don't support OpenTherm or something similar?
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    That was the one ...EVO . And they are not like " late breaking new" , these have been out for awhile. Maybe it's just my perception but these are held back like some secret product ,
    Moneywell Elite Dealer Only or something.

hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• Eastman
    Eastman Member Posts: 927
    Options
    I want to protest in front of their offices.