Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus G124x - Logamatic 2107 Settings......brrrrr....HELP Please

Options
DynoDan
DynoDan Member Posts: 1
edited January 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
House

Southwest Montana, single story on crawl space, 2600 sq.ft, typical 2x4 construction, insulation = batts in the wall, blown-in attic space (lots of gables and “dead space” up above). Every room has a plenty of windows to let my precisious heat out and the cold in…..arrgh.

System Overview (bear with me, I’m learning)

Buderus G124X-25, Logamatic 2107, and GFU room sensor. Running on propane and the jets are set up for “high altitude” since we’re at 5400 ft. above sea level. 9 radiant in-floor loops, one of which is the garage. There are NO flow control valves on the radiant manifold, just on / off valves. Each loop / zone has a wall thermostat in that respective room, all of which are set to 67 degrees year round. I only see one floor pump.
When it’s below freezing the house is very slow / struggles to meet the demand. As temps plunge to teens, 0, or 15 below, some areas never get to 67, typically those north facing rooms or rooms furthest from boiler. The past week or so has been sub-zero for daytime highs, and at night we’re seeing 15-20 below (degrees F). The boiler has been working overtime and gobbling up propane along the way!

I’ve read the 2107 Operating manual, Installation Service Manual, and Controls Applications manual a few times and I’m now more familiar with the system and controls, but hardly an expert……and not nearing comfortable enough with basic burner / boiler / plumbing principles.

Disclosure > this area seems a bit inept as it pertains to “licensed professionals” that have experience with Buderus systems. I’ve tried to get a few different outfits over here, but it’s always an exercise in futility. One tech that did come over clearly had NO experience with this specific system. Also, Buderus technical support doesn’t want to talk turkey with “Johnny Homeower”, only a licensed professional…..what a shame.

Question 1:
I’ve determined that the Logamatic 2107 is set up to control “Circuit 1”, and what concerns me is that Circuit 1 is always referred to as an “unmixed heating circuit, no heating circuit, perimeter heating”, while circuit 2 (which requires the FM241 card > I don’t think I have this) gets referred to as “mixed heating circuit, no heating circuit, perimeter heating, radiant floor heating”. It goes on to say, “If the right heating system is selected, the other heating circuit parameters are preset. They must still be verified, however.” I would consider my heating configuration to be radiant floor heating, however I can’t select that since I only have circuit 1……..so I’m a little confused there.

Question 2:
I’ve read a number of posts about tweaking and tuning the Logamatic 2107 settings to optimize the system performance and efficiency. I would like to say that most of my settings were “factory settings”, but I’ve started to tweak a couple things.

Current Settings:
Freeze Temp 43 (factory = 41)
Building Response 1 (factory = 2)
Max Boiler Temp 187, then moved to 195 (factory = 176)
Reference Temp 172 (factory = 167)…..I have NO idea what my “reference design temperature is”! I also noticed the manual said that PERIM HTG uses a REF_TEMP of 167F, while FLOOR HTG uses 113F…….am I waaaaay over cooking my floor loops by running this hot?
Setback mode RMSETBACK (factory is outdoor setback)
Room Temp Comp 10 (factory is 6)

Anything look way out of line? Any suggestions? I’ll try to post a few pics of the boiler area in my garage and the plumbing.

Thanks a million for any comments!

Dan