Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Independence PV

My Godmother have a Independence PV of 10 years and it needs to have its water filled manually every week. She is 80 and no longer able to go 2 flights of stairs. The contractor keeps coming to her house telling everything is fine, and charging her for every visit. I know nothing about heaters but is there any device that can make the water feeding to be automatic? The manual says nothing about it, nor the manufacturer.

I'm trying to find out if this is something feasible before trying a new contractor that could charge for a visit and do nothing - like the one she has now. Thanks!

Comments

• Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    Steam boiler? wet returns leaking? steam leaking?
    hopefully the boiler isn't developing a leak.
  • mariamelia76
    mariamelia76 Member Posts: 2
    Gas boiler, no leaking at all. Checked a few times by the same contractor. Says it's all good. Every 3-5 days water level gets super low. If no one fills it to the marker boiler will turn off.
    Previous tenants say they always had to fill for the past 10 years.
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948

Gas boiler, no leaking at all. Checked a few times by the same contractor. Says it's all good. Every 3-5 days water level gets super low. If no one fills it to the marker boiler will turn off.
    Previous tenants say they always had to fill for the past 10 years.

Water is going somewhere, it's not disappearing.
    There's a leak somewhere. It should be found. Get a new contractor if the one you currently have can't find it. It will cost you a boiler if you don't find the leak.

You said "gas" i was asking if it's steam or water. I assume steam.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Do this, fill the boiler to the top....it's called flooding the boiler...then look around underneath the boiler,and check for water...If no leaks, drain it back down and run the crap out of the boiler,make the house nice and quiet,and listen..you may hear the leak....picture up the boiler.....