Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warranty

Options
j a_2
j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
So like most water heaters, if there replaced under warranty,it does not extend out the warranty...it's up upon the original date...Is that the same for boilers and boiler blocks? Never had to do that with a boiler in all my years....in business....Basicly I only got involved in warranties for products I PURCHASED and installed....Ya never ever win on warranty work. Jmo

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    The warranty is from the date of original purchase, it doesn't get reset if a new unit gets installed. It's also for the original purchaser, to my general knowledge
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Warranty is still based on original purchase date. You would think if you have to pay some pro-rated fee for the replacement, under warranty, that you'd also get an incremental extension on the warranty but that's not the case.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    I believe Thermopride allow's the warranty to be transfered to a new owner but that's a furnace...never heard of one on a boiler...
  • bulldoglax
    bulldoglax Member Posts: 38
    Options
    New AO smith water heater warranty is actually an upgrade charge think around 50-100 bucks and you get a new warranty for an additional 6 years.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    Well I stand corrected myself..Bradford white does reset the warranty.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    I work for F W Webb and we have a private label oil / gas cast iron three pass horizontal boiler with a limited lifetime warranty to the orginal owner on the boiler block. If the house is sold the new owner has a warranty on the boiler block of 20 years from the manufacture date of the S/N
    Also this boiler is oil fired and you can convert it to burn natural gas or LP gas and you do not loose the warranty.
    We now have a commercial Trio boiler with a 20 year warranty that I believe is a industry best commercial warranty.
    Call me any time at F W Webb Allentown Branch 484-488-3669