Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Space heating domestic heating at the same time.

Options
chief
chief Member Posts: 27
I have a Weil-McLain ultra 230 that is installed my dairy farm for domestic hot water and space/make-up air heating. When the u it goes in priority water heating we lose all heat. the primary loop has a 26-99 pump as does the domestic water heater loop. The way it is piped both pumps are in parallel. Is this too much flow or would there be a flow issue with both pumps running at same time. Will I have to re-pipe in order to do both at the same time?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Common problem, but not usually a problem, provided the DHW load is short in duration. Your Service HW load is probably fairly significant and long in duration. Might have to add a separate SHW heating system for DHW loads. If you attempt to run both loads at the same time, your SHW temperatures will probably be too low to meet health department standards for sanitization and do a good job of cleanings equipment.. Most systems have a lot of load diversity. You have none.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.