Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is there a difference between Honeywell AM and AM-1 Series mixing valves?

jerryr Member Posts: 1
I want to get a repair kit for the mixing valve on my radiant system (which is about 10 years old). The cap says "AM Series R Model" and "80F to 180F" on it. It has a 1" connector.

When I look at the plumbing supply sites, they have repair kits for AM-1 Series R Model valves. I was looking at AM-1-025RP as a likely repair kit. I wanted to make sure this would be compatible, so I googled and found this pdf on "AM Series" valves, which actually looks like it covers AM-1 valves. At least, the model numbers are the same as AM-1 valves from the plumbing sites.

However, there is a section on "Repair Parts AM Series" and another on "Repair Parts AM-1 Series", and the parts in the first table specifically say they're not compatible with AM-1 Series valves. The one that seems like the right one, AM100-010RP, has been discontinued for several years.

Can anyone shed some light on this?