Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Running electrical conduit close to B vent?

Options
2»

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,074
    Options
    Loose/poor connected neutrals in a panel are more dangerous than loose wire on CB. The wire on the CB will transfer that heat into the CB and hopefully eventually trip it. The neutral will just sit there and burn.
    ChrisJSWEI
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Jughne, my apologies. I didn't realize you were a sparky too. Not paying close attention. Your comments make me want to turn all of my electricity off, when not using it...

Still learning.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

ChrisJJUGHNE
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,768
    edited December 2016
    Options

Jughne, my apologies. I didn't realize you were a sparky too. Not paying close attention. Your comments make me want to turn all of my electricity off, when not using it...

Still learning.

ME

You have to be confident about what you do and how you do it.
    I have zero concerns about the electrical work in my house and whether or not it's safe. I tore a lot of stuff open when we first moved in. Same goes for gas piping. Always know exactly what you're doing and why. You'll sleep better at night. :)

That damn galvanized water pipe coming in from the town in my basement on the other hand.........................

I'm bringing my children up the same way. ;)

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,479
    Options
    I've seen 200a 3 phase sub panels loaded with double 20a breakers 75% for lighting). After a dozen years you could feel the heat radiating off those panels from 3 feet away. All the late 50's wire was crispy.

Luckily this was in an industrial building and not a residential building.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • PinkTavo
    PinkTavo Member Posts: 64
    Options
    @ChrisJ the AFCI's in my house that were done for code during a remodel for bedroom circuits..actually one of two...seems to trip in cold damp weather. The breaker box is outside. Luckily, in Colorado when it is cold it is usually quite dry. Otherwise, no tripping issues.
    ChrisJ