Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laing Pump Heater

Options
Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
Anyone know where these can be procured. I have a job where one of these would be just the ticket.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options

Anyone know where these can be procured. I have a job where one of these would be just the ticket.

These?

They disappeard completely from the website, cannot find any info or parts. About the time B&G took the Laing line.

You see them go through E-bay from time to time.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Yeah, those are the ones. I hesitate to get one off of eBay if they aren't on the commercial market anymore. Sooner or later parts would be needed.

That's to bad. They are a neat package.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,251
    Options
    One of the "online" radiant company still shows them, but without repair parts, probably not worth the risk.

The elements would burn out from time to time if an air bubble trapped at the top.

The elements were actually replaceable, compression nuts held them into the brass head.

Odd that B&G didn't keep that in the line?

I'll still use a 2-1/2 or 6 gallon electric DHW tank. The 6 gallon allow you to change element wattage, typically 120V, 2K off the shelf.

I suppose the elements could be rewired with #10 wire. Probably the snap disc control would be the next week link?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream