Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

2015 IECC

Options
Robert O'Brien
Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Options
    R403.2 seems to require ODR on every boiler?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,741
    Options
    Read the compliance at the very top, only those items labeled "mandatory" in sections R401-R404 need to comply. That part is not labeled as mandatory.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Robert O'Brien
    Options
    Ah, a code full of suggestions! Instead of "shall", they should just use "it would be nice if"
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Robert. We're u able to make the PHCC code class? I missed it. Mad Dog
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    403.1 states that thermostats are 'mandatory'. What about a TRV controlled constant circ system? would the TRV count as a thermostat?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    I believe the DOE has been requiring ODR on all NEW boilers for a few years now. Doesn't require that it be properly programmed, only that it be a part of the controls.

We (IAPMO) too ran into the issue with requiring a "thermostat" and are working in the Technical Commitee to address it. Even with TRV's, there needs to be SOME means of "seeing" what's going on inside, but it doesn't have to be in the form of a "Thermostat" per se. It could be a "sensor" that provides feedback to a BMS, hence no need for a true thermostat.

Bottom line, the AHJ has the final say in what does or doesn't get done...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.