Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Boiler Stops Heating Periodically, Power Reset Fixes It
My boiler stops heating periodically and I'd appreciate some insight on how to address it.
I've got a 3 year old Weil-McLain GV90+ 3 Series 2 boiler. Single zone plus indirect water heat. Taco circulators.
Periodically, like every couple months, our boiler stops making hot water. Thermostat and indirect water heater put in calls at the zone valve, but boiler doesn't respond. Cycling the breaker or the switch at the boiler make everything good as new, until it happens again. I've done the checklist in my manual:
- the breaker isn't tripped
- I don't get 120 VAC across my circulator pins
- I don't have any red lights and the system isn't in lockout
- There is no obvious signs of trouble, though the relief valve is weeping slightly
- The toubleshooting guide concludes to replace the controller board
Any thoughts? It seems that the controller replacement is simple enough for a DIYer, but I'd like to be sure that it is the cause. Thanks.