Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

panel radiator identification

Bob Bona_4
Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
edited November 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi All, I need to get new bleeders for 4 panel rads I'm working with. I'd say they are about 10 yrs old? Thinner than Buderus, they are about 1" thick with convection channels behind the flat. The panel has the usual contour. They have a central tap on bottom for the 2 pipe diverter, they are using Danfoss TRV's.

The bleeders are on the diagonal, facing the rear, on one side and top. They have an 11 mm head with a hole in the center of the bleeder plug. My camera quit yesterday on the job, sorry for no photos. If I am going back to site I can try that again.

The attachment brackets have a spring mechanism on the lower part. Not that it should make a difference, the panels are about 24"x24".

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Are they 1/2" BSPP threads?
  • Bob Bona_4
    edited November 2016
    It's been 2 days since I've been there and the memory's fading. I'd say the thread diameter is a little less than 11 mm. 1/2" British sounds too big since the hex head is 11 mm and the threads are slightly smaller. Myson had some rads on net, but I'm not seeing anything yet with a bleeder canted on an angle to the back. I only mention Myson bc they have the thinnest I've seen yet. Buderus, Runtal, Dianorm, Stelrad...not seeing it. Still searching. .
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Bob Rohr sent me some Caleffi hygroscopic vent samples awhile back. One of them had a base with threads that sound like what you describe above. Here's a photo next to a 508013A (1/8" NPT):

Top portions (elements) are interchangeable. I think this sheet has them. It's probably a 508031, which they call out as 3/8" (I'm betting BSPP, though I originally thought they were metric.)
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    The 1/8 NPT version is product we stock for the US market. That looks like a page from our international catalog, or the UK catalog.

I can send a sample of the 3/8 if you think it will work. It may be an item that we OEM to someone also.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Bob Bona_4
    Ok, I'm going to let it sit for a few months. I did a bunch of re piping there this week, and ran into the bleeder issue, but got by with a 6 point hex chuck. They are replacing the boiler very soon and the system will be drained. The 3/8 looks about right size but possibly coarse? I'll take one for a sample. Sure like to pin down the rad mfr anyway.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    send a mail address. Also Basi is another common panel rad back there.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Bob Bona_4
    Ok Bob, will do. That's right Biasi was another.