Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Type of thermostatic steam vents???

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
Hey all, thanks in advance for input. Which mfr do you like best, Danfoss, Macon or Honeywell Braukmann. This is for 1 pipe steam 4 story apt bldg. Thanks again

Comments

• Search here for the big mouth.--NBC
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,199
    Are we talking about thermostatic radiator air vents for individual radiator control? Or steam main air vents?

A question concerning the Big mouth.....how soon would it open to allow air back into the system? Quicker than G-2's?
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited November 2016
    JUGHNE said:

Are we talking about thermostatic radiator air vents for individual radiator control? Or steam main air vents?

A question concerning the Big mouth.....how soon would it open to allow air back into the system? Quicker than G-2's?

@JUGHNE , I haven't timed it but they open a lot faster than my old Hoffman 75's did and I know from other threads, in the past, the 75's opened much faster than the G2's. My Bigmouths seem to open within seconds of the end of the heating cycle. Maybe @Sailah has some data on that.
  • tim smith
    Sorry guys, should have added radiator thermostatic
    air vents.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 16,122
    edited November 2016
    tim smith said:

Sorry guys, should have added radiator thermostatic
    air vents.

We still need more info.
    Do you mean the normal steam vents that stop steam from coming out but let air out?

Or do you mean TXVs that control room temperature, basically creating a separate zone?

I'm thinking you mean TXVs, in which case my vote is for Danfoss.

The reason there's confusion is normal steam vents work off of temperature of the steam escaping while what we typically call a TXV works off of room temperature. Your wording is right, it's just a little confusing in text.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • tim smith
    txv radiator vents.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,199
    Key point: one pipe steam.