Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Leaking bleeder valve in 1st floor replace or plug

Options
bink
bink Member Posts: 97
Simple question - the air bleeder in the 1st floor loop is leaking water . Question plug it or replace it. Have not had a problem with air for a long time so i am thinking install a plug. Do not do this work myself but like to get a opinions from heating help. I have learned alot from this site and do appreciate your advice

Comments

• delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of automatic air vents on baseboard. I would remove and plug. If you have the proper setup at the boiler, purging air is not usually an issue. If you have no air problems, I doubt very much you need that vent.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • bink
    Options
    Thank you my new system with latest thinking on piping pump away does work good no air problems thanks for advice
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Pumping away makes almost any air problem disappear, that and having a microbubble resorber for an air eliminator in your boiler piping.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • bink
    Options
    A spirovent jr was installed Really is remakeable the difference with the new system good that new ideas and hardware become avaiable
    delta T
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I too will attest to microbubble eliminator. I installed a spirovent while still pumping away, has standard watts iron air eliminateor before had chronic air problems. Spirovent took care of all air in two weeks. I install them on all my jobs now. We'll worth the money. Other companies make microbubble air eliminaters as well, I just used the spirovent brand.

Taylor
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!