Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Gas Line Sizing

acsw5280acsw5280 Member Posts: 1
Hello, I have pulled a permit to add some gas line for the installation of 2 new bbq's and a fire pit, totaling 210,000 BTU's. The gas is delivered to the meter at 5psi. I have a 1/2 inch nipple running inside the house to a 1/2 CSST line running 25' to a manifold with a regulator in the furnace room, feeding the hot water heater with a 3/8' csst line, a 6' -1/2' black pipe line running to a cooktop, a 30'- 1/2 line running to a gas dryer (not in use, we use electric).
The longest run is 80' I wanted to get the trenching out of the way prior to the weather turning cold, so put 1" PE with with Con-Stab Fittings and 1" anodeless risers in a trench at 18". I have pressure tested it at 20psi and all good. I have requested an upgraded meter service to either install a larger meter or increase the gas pressure. I believe now that it was a mistake in running this 1" line, as from what I've read it sounds like I could have done this perhaps by tying into the manifold and running a 1/2' line from there outside to 1 of the anodeless riser
As I mentioned I have a permit for this and was originally going to run 1 1/4" black pipe from the meter directly to the 1' PE, I have contacted the city and was advised that there is no issue changing to CSST. The CSST would be so much easier, I would like to do this all with 1 connection from the meter, any suggestions?
Thank you