Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I found an old friend again.

Options
RayWohlfarth
RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,491
I was reorganizing my office the other day and came across a dusty copy of Dan Holohan's famous book, The Lost Art of Steam Heating. I picked up the book, started reading it and could not put it down. I have been inside boiler rooms for several decades and am still being schooled by the old master. I could not believe how much I learned and am only half way through. I had not read the book cover to cover for almost 20 years and simply used it for reference. It reminds me of the quote from Mark Twain,“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” If you want to learn about steam systems and separate yourself from the competition, pick up the The Lost Art of Steam Heating. Thanks for sharing your wisdom Dan.
Ray Wohlfarth
Boiler Lessons
Harvey RamerErin Holohan HaskellSWEI

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    Thanks, Ray! The Lost Art of Steam Heating Revisited is in Erin's very capable design hands right now. It was fun to go back and visit with a younger me. I did a lot of thinking about what I've learned since '92 and added quite a bit to Revisited. I hope you like it.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    LAOSH 2.0 eh? Well, I've got a spot on my bookshelf for that gem! I've worn out, given away a few copies of the original in the last 20 yrs :)
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    Thanks, Bob!
    Retired and loving it.
    Bob Bona_4
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    For a young guy like myself who learned a lot of what I know from reading your books @Dan Holohan, the deadmems literature, manufacturers old and original system designs and of course this forum and the great minds who are in this forum, I myself consider "The Lost Art of Steam Heat" a Bible
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    SWEI
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    Options
    And can't wait for the revised one
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    SWEI