Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any oil boiler recommendations, for part-time heat, would be appreciated!

Options
Afternoon guys...first time poster.

I heat my 2000sqft home with high ceilings in central NY primarily with wood heat. However, when it is super cold <0F and we are out of town, we need a new oil boiler. My 25 yr old Utica boiler has seen better days.

Because this boiler will be used a couple of times a month in the winter, I'm not really worried about having the best performing efficiency, since I will not see the payback. I want a solid performer that will come on when I need it to come on...every time. Reliability is my primary concern without breaking bank. Cost is a concern. 1 income and 2 kids. :)

My needs are 75,000-100,000BTU. I would prefer to stay on the smaller side and run it more reguarly. The previous boiler was 105,000BTU and also heated the potable water. I have since installed a hot water heater and removed that need from the boiler system.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Buderus G115
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Hot water or steam?
  • sportbikerider78
    sportbikerider78 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hot water.

An air leak developed on the Utica,,,this was where the burner flange meets the boiler. It appears that it warped the boiler and has me a tad sketched out.
    I bought the house 3 years ago and the boiler cuts in and out occasionally. I think it is time for a replacement, but it does not have any water leaks.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options

Hot water.

An air leak developed on the Utica,,,this was where the burner flange meets the boiler. It appears that it warped the boiler and has me a tad sketched out.

I've never heard of anything like that. Can you post a picture?

There was an error rendering this rich post.