Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please critique my work...

warno
warno Member Posts: 229
Looking for people's honest opinion on my work.

If I came into your home and hung this in your basement and you paid me for it, would you tell your friends to give me a call?

This is my first copper job ever. So, let me know what you think.

Comments

• Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,434
    Yes, it's a clean solder job. There is redundancy and a few fittings could have been avoided, but that's installers choice really. No reason not to be proud!
  • warno
    Thank you.

I did think I could have mounted the plate exchanger differently to avoid some elbows but I later thought it would clutter up the alternate location to much, so it went where it went.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,786
    Are the tanks piped together on both ends?

I'm curious how they will stratify in that position. Will each tank develop temperature layering or the whole assembly mix and stratify to the uppermost tank? You want to leverage all that volume as best as possible, you spent some time and $$ on the quest for volume and mass.

I don't know how much instrumentation you are planning. An infrared pic or two with them in different operating modes and up to temperature, before you insulate would be interesting.

As cheap as thermistors are, I'd stick a bunch on all the tanks at different levels if you plan on insulating before firing.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    delta T
  • warno
    edited October 2016
    I plan to run for alittle while before insulation goes on. Just because I'm sure some tweeking will be needed.

The tanks are plumbed together on opposite ends of each other (if that makes sense). I thought flowing like a big curcuit would be best, don't know why but that was my thinking.

If you look at attachment 1 you can see my jumpers from tank to tank.

Attachment 2 you can see the "return" manifold

Attachment 3 is the "supply" manifold

Attachment 4 is my planned temp sensor locations.

I don't have any infrared sensing equipment so I won't be able to see exactly what's going on in there but I hope with as many temp sensors as I plan to use I'll get a good idea.
  • warno
    edited October 2016
    Ok, now let me ask this.

Does it look better then what I hung last year?