Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC boiler codes interpretation

Options
Roohollah
Roohollah Member Posts: 135
Dear Friends,

My distant friend in Canada has sent a photograph of his house Boiler's display and asked me to help him . But , I have not had any experience with exotic boilers ,and my conceptions of the Boiler's display would not be helpful . Thus, I am writing to request for the support from you guys to help us ,especially my friend who is new comer in Canada .

I have attached the photographs and they will illustrate the situation .

Thank you in advance for your support and time,

I look forward to hearing from you ,

Sincerely,

Roohollah

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    Looks like the boiler is telling him there is no flow through it?

Pump not powered? Valve in off position somewhere? Check valve installed wrong?

Pumps with broken shafts may appear to be running, but they are now moving flow.

The piping makes it look like it has been in place for a while? is this a new condition? Replacement boiler
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Roohollah
  • nmujjohn
    nmujjohn Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hot Rod, tYou are correct. this boiler has two water pressure sensor. One on the return water side of the HX and the other on the supply. The boiler measures the amount of pressure drop across the HX and converts this to GPM, thus keeping the BTU input in check to the ability to transfuse heat into the liquid medium. In either case it is diagnosed without to much of an issue. In some cases one of the senors may not be reading correctly or the pump is not operating. I do not generally post on this site but was informed by a reader of a question being presented. All "up front" I work for the manufacture of IBC products; in the USA. I am more than willing to speak with your friend. This unit is a bit older, and I do not know when it was serviced last. I fully recommend that a licensed and insured contractor do all repairs and look over the product after the weekend passes but I may be able to identify an issue thus providing them heat and or hot water today. I do not know the rules of this group, so I have not posted any contact information. but you can send me a note on a side bar through Linkedin and will give this information to you or you can provide you friends info and I can call them. Thank you,
    Jamie
    kcoppSWEI
  • Roohollah
    Options
    Hot Rod ,

Thanks for picturing all the possible conditions which the code displayed on the boiler . I will share your useful post with my friend there and I behalf of him do appreciate your time and support.

As regards your question , I have not known yet about the boiler replacement ,but I think the boiler has been changed recently and I will ask my friend about it .

To be honest , you are always so active and kind to provide us with practical solutions whenever we confront any problems .

Thank you for such a generosity ,

All the best ,

Roohollah,

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    Nice of Jamie to pipe in. The best info will come from somebody with that brand experience. Jamie was able to tell the vintage just looking at the pic. That knowledge is a valuable resource.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Roohollahkcopp
  • Roohollah
    Options
    Dear nmujjohn,

I am so glad to hear from IBC , and i am so thankful for the advice and information . I will transfer your prompt post to my friend in Canada and await to hear .
    I wish your company's products would be available in my country one day in future . I have searched iBC Web and i was mesmerized by their standards and performances . Also, accessing to their installation leaflets and other information for the products was excellent .

Thanks for the time and post ,

Sincerely,

Roohollah
    jonny88
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Options
    It is not the nicest install. The pump installations fail. Standard practice is 5 diamaters before and three after of straight pipe at the pump. The 2 inch vent is not supported at the boiler.
    Roohollah
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    ^ there doesn't seem to be much support for any piping, etc on the whole system. Is the expansion tank just hanging there too?
  • Roohollah
    Options
    Dear Friends,

Thanks for the new posts and your time .

I think that the expansion tank hangs on its threaded piping . Also, as Henry stated above , affinity laws of the circulator do not fully meet .

I have transferred all the above posts to my friends there and he is trying them one by one . As I understood from his explanation , the boiler shows the error when he turns on the radiant heating system . I will ask him for more details of the boiler operation .

Thank you all for supporting us promptly and sharing your invaluable experiences with us . We do appreciate that .

Sincerely,

Roohollah
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Is ODR hooked up.Pressure seems low.I would reach out to tech support and see if they have a rep in the area.Keep us posted.
    Roohollah
  • Roohollah
    Options
    Dear Friends,

Thank you for the new post and the words of support which I always treasure it .

Actually , I do not know about out door reset is active or not . I will ask him .

My friend in Canada said this morning that he got the return sensor cleaned and after that it works with no problem . But , I would side with you all in order to control all the system .it may work ,but as you all said boiler's pressure , primary circulator and the sensors must be serviced . To my mind , professional services and maintenance are incomparable with what some landlords do .

Once more , thanks for all the posts and kindly consider the topic .

I would keep posting whatever happens with the mentioned boiler .

All the Best ,

Roohollah ,