Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lynn Quickie 200 Installation..in old Delco Boiler DB4S with Beckett burner..1.25 80 degree H nozzle

Options
ww
ww Member Posts: 282
The old chamber is disintegrated as seen in photos. It still works though...nozzle just goes into chamber...i put one of these round ones in a steam boiler and it worked great. The old chamber is 12 inches wide and high...13 inches long....the entire width with no chamber is 19 inches...

The nozzle rating in specs is higher and this 1.25 has been used for a long time and heats fine...also take a look at the head in photo..need to use some kaowool or something there..the front is deteriorated there too.

Maybe there are ideas other than this..maybe a wet blanket..target wall..front piece...etc..

I put everything back on already and using to heat up the hot water for showers and other uses...i can take it off in less than five minutes.

Reading instructions and it shows picture where the bottom of insert is right on the water jacket on bottom of boiler. The centerline of the oil burner which is a fixed height will bring it too high over the centerline of the chamber. What I'd like to know is the following:

1. Can I build up the floor of the boiler to lift up the chamber to be in the center of the oil burner nozzle..is firebrick ok if so? I ask this wondering if there is a heat transfer issue if directions not adhered to. Instructions say not to backfill around chamber.

2. How high off the center can you make the hole where nozzle lines up with and is the 3 1/2 inch hole just as good where head rests outside the chamber rather than using a larger opening where the head is 1/2 out from inner wall of chamber?

Any extra info would be good. The front opening is 16 inches in diameter and it looks like it may fit. See photos

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Yeah, that's got to go. I can't believe it works fine with the broken bolt and all the scorch marks. At best a whole new chamber, especially the door panel (around the combustion head) needs to be repaired/replaced.
    1. Lifting the bottom of the chamber up will most likely cause impingment--sooting, high CO numbers, lower efficiency.
    What kind of combustion numbers are you getting now?
    2. I have no idea what you're talking about or trying to accomplish.

Setting it up and using it as recommended by the manufacturer is your best option to get it to run mediocre at best.
    Constantly trying to fix that combustion chamber and hoping for the best is not doing anyone any favors.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ww
    ww Member Posts: 282
    Options
    what i'm trying to accomplish is put the combustion chamber in the boiler. bolt not broken..stud just comes out and is put back. not trying to fix it but replace it. just asked regarding experience with lynn chambers. the instructions is where i'm getting this info from.

i've rebuilt chambers before and even welded new fronts to them and are working fine. looking for someone who did this before and can offer some insight on it. thanks.