Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Introduction to Revit at Mechanics Institute, Evening Classes Begin Tuesday, September 13 In NYC.

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,583
Mechanics Institute, an Educational Program of The General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen

Dear Industry Colleague,

There is new availability in the following Building Information Modeling (BIM) class offered by The General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen beginning Tuesday, September 13.

THE COURSE WILL MEET TWO NIGHTS EACH WEEK
THE SEMESTER IS 12 WEEKS IN DURATION

Introduction to Revit
Tuesdays and Thursdays
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

This course will cover the basics of Autodesk Revit, an important building information modeling software for architects, engineers, and contractors. This hands-on, lab-based class presents an overview of Autodesk's Revit platform, including architecture, structure, and MEP along with key concepts of BIM and Revit. The curriculum includes an in-depth exploration of the Revit interface. Views selection methods, levels and grid, walls, doors, windows, and components, modification commands and load family, floors, ceilings, and stairs, and type and instance parameters will be manipulated for existing project. Students will import CAD drawings to convert to Revit geometry, understand the project browser and type properties palettes, add sheets, insert views onto sheets, add dimensions and text to the model, and set up the file for plotting. Students will be given plans for a Commercial Building to build in Revit.

For more information please contact Meg Stanton, Registrar,
meg.stanton@generalsociety.org or 212.840.1840 ext 1.
Seating is limited.

Celebrating 231 Years of Education and Service to the People of New York City
The General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen
of the City of New York
20 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
212.840.1840 x. 2
www.generalsociety.org
Retired and loving it.
SWEI

Comments

• DanHolohan
    There is no charge for this course to members of the trade.
    Retired and loving it.
    SWEI
  • Sailah
    Sailah Member Posts: 826
    That's pretty awesome. One of the best things I did was learn CAD awhile ago. I don't do it professionally but I use it a ton at work and for hobby stuff. Been using Autodesk Inventor lately but CAD usually translates over with a little practice.

Nice they are offering it for free.
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
  • DanHolohan
    Mechanics Institute is an American treasure.
    Retired and loving it.
  • keyote
    keyote Member Posts: 659
    Theres usually a nominal registration fee though but its a great place
  • DanHolohan
    Older than the public-schools system. Always free to the trades.
    Retired and loving it.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,764
    As someone who does Drafting/Design professionally I can tell you without question a class on Revit is invaluable. Revit is becoming an industry standard for building mechanical design. The company I work for gets requests for Revit files of our products constantly. I have taken a couple classes on it recently and actually remember beta testing the software in my college days. It's an interesting program.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15